All great writers read books. Alberto Manguel talked about reading: “Maybe this is why we read, and why in moments of darkness we return to books: to find words for what we already know.”
I read too and I have quite a few books on my To Be Read (TBR) Pile, including:
- Stranger in a Strange Land, Robert A. Heinlein
- The Umbrella Man, Roald Dahl
- Tomorrowland, Steven Kotler
- Merle Haggard, The Running Kind, David Cantwell
- The Mermaid’s Sister, Carrie Annie Noble
- The Handmaid’s Tale, Margaret Atwood
- The Stars My Destination, Alfred Bester
- Interviews with the Masters, Robert Greene
- Slaughterhouse Five, Kurt Vonnegut
- Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemmingway
- The Black Echo, Michael Connelly
- On Writing, Stephen King
- The Dude Abides, The Gospel According to the Coen Brothers, Cathleen Falsani
- The Land of Little Rain, Mary Austin
- The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci Complete, Leonardo Da Vinci
- Blink, Malcolm Gladwell
- Damage Control, Eric Dezenhall
All these books are in my Kindle with a 100 more waiting to be read. Some I have read before and others I just picked up because they looked interesting. This is the list I plan to tackle in the next few months.
© 2016, Michael Shawn Sommermeyer. All rights reserved.
Thanks for reading. Leave me a comment?
Want a PDF to save this story to read later? Enter your e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF right away.Enter your Email Address